About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Marion Jones Is LOCKED UP!!

Marion Jones turned herself into Federal authorities yesterday to start her 6 month prison sentence. She was found guilty for her role in a multi-million dollar fraudulent check cashing scheme and was convicted of perjury (lying under oath) to investigators about using steroids. She maintained her innocence for years saying she never knowingly used until she was finally forced to break down and tell the truth.

Jones turned herself into the Federal Medical Center Carswell which is on the Naval Air Station, a Joint Reserve Base. This Fort Worth, Texas prison specializes in caring for inmates with medical and mental health issues. While they also house inmates who don't need this special care, there's no word on whether or not Jones will require either. Who knows, maybe she's gone mental. But I must say, if I had my choice of prisons to attend I wouldn't want one full of sickos and crazies. Gimme sane, healthy criminals any day.

I'm never one to advocate people going to prison, especially when they haven't committed some of the more serious offenses like rape, murder, larceny. But dog, you gotta pick your spots. I know no one likes a snitch (including me) but lying to the FEDS! I'm know her insides were jumping double dutch when she lied up on that stand. And I'm sure she did it to protect herself, her family, her cohorts, her accomplishments, and her track and field legacy. Little did she know that "the man" would catch her in a massive lie, strip her of all of her Olympic medals, then throw her ass in jail for 6 months! Under the ruling Jones also received 2 years probation and 400 hours of community service.

And Marion Jones is just the tip of the iceberg! There are several high profile athletes that are caught up in this new wave of federal indictments, most courtesy of BALCO. Barry Bonds is still caught up in that struggle. His attorneys recently asked the federal government to stop investigating him, which was a ballsy maneuver but it didn't work. Most recently Roger Clemens sat before the US Senate along with former trainer Brian McNamee. McNamee claims he injected Clemens (and his wife!) with steroids over the period of a few years, and Clemens denied it. McNamee also claimed to have given steroids to Yankees pitcher Andy Pettitte, and rather than lying about what happened, Pettitte admitted to what he had done. Roger still maintains he never took steroids, and it seems even congress doesn't believe him because they've asked the FBI to launch an investigation into whether or not Clemens lied under oath. If Clemens is found guilty, he'll be facing the same fate as Marion Jones - THE PENITENTIARY!


Shout out to Jones though. Jail is no joke and I wish her well. She can probably out-run any fights or guards but I don't see her hoppin over any jail bars so Marion, we'll check you in 6.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.