About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Radio Killed The TV Star

OMG, so I am officially in love with 1050 ESPN Radio!! 1050 is better than ANY OTHER radio station, AM or FM! It's been a few months and I'm obsessed! I never really thought myself an "AM" girl but AYYO!! I've had issues with FM radio for years. I am grossed out by hearing the same 10 songs ALL THE DAMN TIME!! That's why I loved my iPod. Put the bitch on shuffle and keep it moving!! All kinds of music from reggae to country; Bob Marley to The Wallflowers, Carl Thomas to Slick Rick, from Al B. Sure! to Madonna, Spice Girls to Sizzla, KFed to Don Omar, THE Notorious B.I.G., Incubus to Grand Puba, 3rd Eye Blind to The Pharcyde, A-Ha to Vybz Kartel, Macka Diamond to Young Jeezy, Yannick Noah to Regina Spektor, Poor Righteous Teacher to The Backstreet Boys, Mystikal to My Chemical Romance. You name it, I got it. And you would think radio stations would want us to listen to more and address our needs but meh... It never really occurred to me to try AM cuz all I really knew about it was bad reception and 1010 Wins. Mike & Mike, Max Kellerman, Stephen A. Smith, Dan Patrick, Michael Kay, Brandon Tierney!! Pick your beautiful poison!! It's a 24 hour affair!! I have abandoned my iPod and rekindled my love for the walkman! (well, that's at least until I get some more cash to by that radio converter...donations? anyone?) I've also ditched subway, and I have taken up "bussing." Who cares if it takes me 4 hours to get to Queens!?! At least I get to listen to 1050 ESPN Radio!! The TV is off, the radio is ON!! The only FM I fux with is The Wendy Williams Experience on 107.5 WBLS. One of the best things I've done with my life thus far was intern with her for a year! Wendy is the shit, and if she talked more sports we would be on the same page.

1 comment:

GangStarr Girl said...

Let me find out Chi Chi's been blogging on the low!