About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Protect Yo Gotdamn Neck!

"Without struggle, there is no purpose."

I love RB Priest Holmes and word on the street is he's comin back to football. As far as I'm concerned Larry Johnson can keep on keepin on with his holdout and Mr. Holmes can bring it back!! I've always admired him as a player, and I would love to see the "Bishop" back on the field setting records like he did years ago. In 2004 he dislocated his hip and many considered that to be a career ender but he came back better than ever. If he can recover from his most recent injury and still be productive I'm with it. He played 7 games in 2005 before a head-to-head collision with LB Shawne Merriman of the San Diego Chargers caused him severe head and neck trauma.

But let me admit that I'm scared. My homie Priest hasn't played in damn near 2 years, 22 months to be exact. Anytime someone is seriously injured, especially a head and neck injury, I don't really see too many reasons to keep trying to play. Hang it up and enjoy the rest of your life. You know, the other part that doesn't involve you takin hits for a living? I don't know, there's just something about not being paralyzed for life that appeals to me...Hmmm... But then again, I said the same thing about Chad Pennington before the start of last season. I didn't see why he would keep putting the Jets through shoulder surgery after shoulder surgery. Take a seat and let someone else take a shot at it. What's the point of having 3 backup QBs if they never even hit the field. I was soooo wrizzong!! CP is back better than ever and I'm eatin it up!
Priest is a 3 time Pro-Bowler. In 2003 he set the single season touchdown record. Yeah that's right. 27 TDs on 1,420 yeards. And this was after 2 knee injuries and the hip surgery. He's played in 109 games, rushed for a sick 8,035 yards on 1,735 carries, and 86 touchdowns. His receiving numbers are just as impressive; 334 receptions for 2,945 yards and 8 more TDs. Want an even better sign Priest should come back? As much as I liked him, Dick Vermeil is gone, and one of my favorite coaches, Herman Edwards is in. Hey, I'm from New York. The Pledge of Allegiance.

[Said through clenched teeth] Same thing can't be said for the Giants. I've always seen Eli Manning as my little baby and I've given him the benefit of the doubt and blamed the majority of his issues on his age and experience. What's the point of a QB who folds under pressure? True Giants PROgress, not REgress. If Eli Manning can't get it together this season I want to see Jared Lorenzen on the field. The Pillsbury THROWboy!! I love it!!

I read an article by a a guy, Jason Whitlock, and it pissed me OFF!! He's a writer for the Kansas City Star and his "thoughts" on Priest are complete and utter garbage. Click here and read it. Tell me what you think. I'm sick of people who put sports before a man's health. Whitcock, you can shove it.

No comments: