About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

ATTN Black Athletes, LOCK YOUR DOORS!

Wow, crime is on the rise! And not the way we usually expect. I'm talkin about black athletes getting robbed. Snatching chains, stick ups and car jackings have all been the normal tactics. The new trend (clearly what's hot in the streets) is home invasion. I don't know what it is about people, all people, that makes them think that living in the suburbs means you leave your doors unlocked and wide-damn-open. Hell, I live in a secure apartment building and I lock the door when I go to bathroom! Hey, you never know!

NBA players Antoine Walker and Eddie Curry were both victims of home invasions in Chicago in July. Same guys, same MO; run up in the house guns ablazin, tie up all things breathing with duct tape, and ransack the mansion. Nobody moves, nobody gets hurt! Now we can add Houston Texans corner Dunta Robinson to the growing list of athletes gettin jacked! Saturday, 9.1, Robinson was tied up and robbed at gunpoint in his home in Texas. Two masked gunmen entered through an unlocked door, wearing baseball caps and red bandannas to shield their faces, all while brandishing guns. Each of these athletes had hundreds of thousands of dollars stolen from them, in the form of cash, jewelry, and automobiles.

You get robbed in the hood, you get jacked in the boonies. Damn, where can you go? It ain't safe no more...

No comments: