About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Women Suck!

I love tennis, men's and women's. I watch Wimbledon, and all the Opens. French, Australian, US, you name it. So this weekend the US Open comes to a close in Queens, New York and while the men didn't disappoint, the women refused to do it for me this year. I was happy when the tournament first started; Sharapova lost, and Venus and Serena Williams were knockin broads off left and right. It was perfect! That was until the quarterfinals. Since the Williams sisters haven't played that much tennis over the past few years, they're rankings were rather low. Because of where they were seeded, the sisters ended up in the same bracket, making a Williams' final impossible, but a Venus vs. Serena semifinal a real possibility. That was until Justine Henin came out and showed us why she's ranked #1. She slammed Serena first in the quarterfinals, and broke Venus down in the semis. So who did she play in the play in the finals, you ask? Svetlana Kuznetsova, supposedly the fourth best player in the world. This was, by far, the most insignificant, uneventful, boring final I've seen EVER. Henin beat Kuznetsova in straight sets, 6-1, 6-3, and no one cared. Henin is a great player but she's got absolutely no personality on the court. Kuznetsova hasn't been interesting since she rocked cornrows at Wimbledon. Had she donned a high top fade I could have at least had something to watch.

Tomorrow night it's #1 Roger Federer vs. Novak Djokovic in the men's final and I know for sure that one will be more interesting. Djokovic is a 20 year old phenom from Serbia, and is ranked 3rd in the world. He's one of my new favorites, along with Donald Young. There are few people who will ever be able to bring down Federer, and Djokovic has already done it once earlier this year. Federer will win, I feel confident in saying that. He rarely loses, so watching him is usually the same ol' magnificent play. Federer winning for the one millionth time will still be more interesting than that snooze fest that was The 2007 US Open Women's Final.

No comments: