About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Look at dem boyz wit the DAISY DUKES on!!

So this is the second time in about 2 weeks that Lamar Odom has been charged with a flagrant foul. I went to the game Sunday, December 23, 2007 when the Lakers came to the Garden to play the Knicks. Lamar Odom committed a hard foul against Jamal Crawford that sent him crashing to the court on his back. The refs called it a Flagrant 1, meaning the play was unnecessary.

This past Sunday night the Boston Celtics headed to LA to face the Lakers, and Lamar Odom decided this would be another chance to pick up yet another flagrant. The Lakers, as a tribute to the Lakers teams in the 80s, rocked throwback jerseys with the matching throwback short shorts. Quite the fright! I felt like I was witnessing something inappropriate; like daisy dukes are usually reserved for women, but when men wear them it belongs on an episode of Noah's Ark.

I'm assuming it was those pum pums that got Odom's junk all in a bunch, because by the 4th quarter he was off his rocker. He charged at Ray Allen like a linebacker, knocking him into the Celtics bench. He was called for a Flagrant foul. "I don't know what Odom was thinking," said Allen. "I got the rebound and he tackled me. I know this is Sunday, but this is the wrong field."

The ruling came down today and Odom will be suspended for 1 game without pay. Along with that, he was assessed a Flagrant 2, deeming the play unnecessary, excessive AND intentional. Odom will miss Friday's home game vs. the Philadelphia 76ers. Celtics' head coach Doc Rivers had this to say; "I just thought he [Odom] lost his composure. I didn't think it was intended at Ray. Whoever had the ball was getting that. It wasn't anything personal. Odom's a good kid, a good guy."

The whole game was chippy though. It was way physical and there was a lot of 'Yo momma!' back and forth. Andrew Bynum inadvertently hit Kevin Garnett in the face with his elbow, opening up a bloody gash on his face. Somehow that foul ended up going against the Celtics. Refs clearly OD'd, calling 61 personal fouls, and 7 technical fouls on Kevin Garnett, Kendrick Perkins, Ray Allen, Doc Rivers, Kobe Bryant, Trevor Ariza and Kwame Brown.

The Celtics won the game, 110-91, and have a league-best record 26-3. KG had a double-double, scoring 22 points and 12 rebounds, and game-highs 6 assists and 3 blocks. Paul Pierce led the team in scoring with 33, Ray Allen had 19. G Tony Allen had 16 pts, and really stepped up his play, starting in place of injured Rajon Rondo.















Funny quote:

Kobe on the short shorts - "I don't know what it feels like to wear a thong, but I imagine it feels something like what we had on in the first half. I felt violated. I felt naked. It's one thing to see films with guys wearing those things. I'd rather stay warm man. "

1 comment:

Ugochi said...

lol @ Kobe's comment!

Beauty 365
Beauty Every Day