About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Friday, November 9, 2007

KG for MVP!!

Yes, I know, I'm a bit early with the MVP talk since the season just started about a week ago. But let me tell you something, I don't care. I will be singing the same song all season, so listen up and listen clear:

KEVIN GARNETT WILL BE THE 2007-2008 MVP!!
Why will he be MVP? Because, he's KG. This is Kevin Garnett's 13th season in the NBA, and since the 1998-1999 season he has averaged at least 20 pts and 10 rebs. I'm not really one to throw tons of stats at you but just look at what he's done in his career! I have every reason to believe that this season will yield similar results. Look what's he's done in his first 3 games as a Celt:

11.2 vs. Washington - 22 pts, 20 rebs, 5 ast, 3 stl, 3 blk (Celtics won 103-83)
11.5 @ Toronto - 23 pts, 13 rebs, 6 ast, 3 stl (Celtics won 98-95)
11.7 vs. Denver - 23 pts, 13 rebs, 7 ast, 4 stl, 1 blk (Celtics won 119-93)

Am I overreaching? NO. Am I out of my mind? Yes, but not on this one. The talk before the season started was "chemistry." Everyone was worried about how well all the new pieces would fit. Could Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen share the ball and work well together as a team? Sure it looks amazing on paper, but can these 3 verterans really produce? Boy do they ever!! I have such extreme faith in Kevin and his abilities that I never once questioned this blessed union. The 'Holy Trinity,' if you will. Now all the people that were talkin all that mess are the same ones coming up with nicknames for the group; The Big 3, The G.A.P. Band, The PGA Tour, GPA 3.0... These people can't get enough. KG was the MVP for the 2003-2004 season, and he's already on pace to do it again. He has a better team around him, and they're all focused on winning. There's nothing better.

THE CELTICS WILL BE THE 2007-2008 NBA CHAMPIONS!!
Yeah that's right. You got a problem wit that? Cuz we can take this outside...

No comments: