About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

NCAA Football Withdrawal

Wow, so today is Saturday, and I don't know what to do with myself. Since September I've had the same Saturday ritual; I wake up around 9-10 in the morning and go online and check the NCAA football schedule. What are some key matchups? Who are my favorite teams playing today? How is the Top 25 shaping up? Any rivalries? Any unbeatens left? Who are the conference leaders? SEC, ACC, Big East, PAC-10, Big 10, Big 12, hell, even WAC & SWAC. If there's college football on, I'm tryna watch it.

Fall months I'm jonesin' hard. So from 12pm ET on into the wee hours, I'm flipping from FCS to ESPNU to ABC to NBC to CBS to MSG to ESPN to ESPN 2 to CSTV. I even watch football on my computer! I try not to make any plans on Saturdays that involve me going out. The whole day is spent watching TV. Wow, that sounds sick. But it's true! My Sundays are the same way, but for the NFL. I'm obsessed and I know it. And I love it.

So today is Saturday, it's almost 12, and I'm...uuhhh...lost. I’m serious guys! I’m over here wringing my hands, twiddling my thumbs, tapping my feet AND pulling out my hair. Now I’m racking my brain. Hmm, what else is on TV on Saturdays? I mean, there's no football. What will I watch? OH! Maybe I'll go out! I haven't been out on a Saturday when the sun was out in months! Maybe I'll do some shopping, go to a museum, find a man...something.

While all these options sound great, I'll still miss my favorite ball. Even worse, I've come to a very sad realization - I'm looking at the tail end of the 2007-2008 NCAAF season. But all is not lost! In about 2 weeks the bowls will begin, and I cannot wait!! If I can get through these next 2 weeks without going totally bonkers I get at least 1 bowl game a day. Rose, Orange, Fiesta, Cotton, Sugar, Gator, Sun, Insight, Alamo, Chic-fil-A, Capital One, Emerald, Independence, Humanitarian, Motor City. I'm even looking forward to the Poinsettia and PapaJohns.com Bowl!!

Whatever bowl it is, I need a fix, and I need it fast. I know the truth, and I'm not ashamed or afraid to admit it. It's an addiction; a beautiful, delectable, exhilarating, mind-blowing, titillating, all-consuming, enthralling, intoxicating addiction. But this is one monkey I don't want off my back. Hello, my name is Chi-Chi, and I'm a football-holic.



** I love college sports! A lot of the super stars you see in the NFL & NBA were standouts in college. It's amazing to see the progression, and in some cases, the regression, of these players. My sports calendar always works itself out; one goes out, another comes in. This is usually the time I get more into NCAA Basketball. I've watched a good number of games this season, but with 3-hour long football games, my eyes can only take so much abuse.

But I’ll tell you this. While the end of the NCAAF season is still like a 25,000 volt shock to my system every year, I can't leave it alone. I can’t. I won’t.

No comments: