About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yao Ming Done for the Season

The Rockets have had a pretty good season thus far. They've won 13 games in a row and many are wondering how long that streak can last. Well, it might not last much longer since we just learned that their star center, Yao Ming will miss the rest of the season due to a stress fracture in his left foot.

I feel bad for those Rockets! If it's not one thing it's another and it's almost rare to see the entire starting lineup all healthy at the same time.

I feel like Tracy McGrady is always injured. I mean always and usually with old man problems. There's just something in him that won't let him stay healthy. His injury history is extensive, and he's missed games with everything from back spasms to knee and elbow issues. He's only missed a few games this season, none of them due to the back problems that have plagued him his first 3 seasons in the league.

So here we are thinking the Rockets are on a roll, winning 13 games in a row. Yao is out, how much longer will it last? McGrady has never been out of the 1st round of the playoffs and some thought this would be the year. He's healthy now but me saying that just now could have already jinxed him. The Rockets with no post presence making it 1) to the playoffs and 2) out of the first round? Sounds a bit far-fetched to me. Old ass Dikembe Mutombo would really have to step up and play some serious minutes, but I've seen him this season coming off the bench and he looks - relatively young. he's still blocking shots and wagging his long spindly fingers in the air. Not in his house...

Rafer Alston, Carl Landry, Luther Head all gotta step up in Yao's absence, not only to keep the streak alive, but their playoff hopes as well.

Good luck to the Rockets. They're solid, but not strong.

No comments: