About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

2007-2008 NFL Season Is Underway!!

So I just blinked and the summer is over and NFL preseason games startstomorrow! WTF!?! Where have you been all my life? Click here to see the entire preseason schedule. I am sooo excited for 4 straight weeks of preseason games. This is the best August I've had since, well, last August. Game 1 is tomorrow night, Sunday, August 5. It's the Hall of Fame Weekend game, Pittsburgh Steelers @ New Orleans Saints. Some preseason games will be nationally televised on NFL Network, CBS and Fox. The games will be on Thursday through Monday! In my opinion, a balla ass 5 day weekend! You get to see how teams are getting along with the moves they made in the offseason, draft and trades. See if the offense and defense gel. Who is the mighty powerhouse that will fall? What teams are sleepers? So much to look forward to, I can't wait.

The only downside to preseason is not being able to see much of the regular season starters. The QB will take a couple of snaps and then completely disappear. The running backs get a few carries, the wide receivers a few catches, then sit on the sidelines. The upside to this is being able to see the guys who never really get a chance to play. There are a lot of backups who are actually good and in some cases, better than the first string.

Last year I went to a Giants preseason game against the New England Patriots and I got to see big man Jared Lorenzen at QB. And let me tell you, I'm a fan! He also won the game for the GMen last preseason against the Baltimore Ravens. Also known affectionately as the, The Pillsbury Throwboy," Lorenzen's a third year player who went undrafted out of Kentucky. I don't know what the Giants have planned for him but I wish they would use him more. I know the G-Men are married to the idea of having Eli Manning as quarterback, and don't get me wrong, I like him too. This whole time he's been like my little baby, I just wanna pinch his widdle cheeks! Anytime people said bad things about him, I took up for him, like a big sister would. But if he can't get it together this season instead of crumbling under pressure, Lorenzen, AKA Hefty Lefty, deserves a chance. He has a good arm, and for his size, 6'4" 285, he's pretty good on his feet.

No comments: