About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Record Setting MLB Weekend

Wow, what a great weekend for Major League Baseball!

  1. On Saturday, New York Yankees 3rd baseman Alex Rodriguez, at 32 years and 8 days, became the youngest player in MLB history to hit 500 home runs.
  2. That same Saturday night Barry Bonds, left fielder for the San Francisco Giants, tied Hank Aaron's home run record at 755. With months left in the MLB season, and maybe years in his baseball, it is highly likely that he will break this record by leaps and bounds.
  3. Sunday, to round it all out, New York Mets pitcher Tom Glavine won his 300th game. Glavine became the 23rd starting pitcher in history, and only the 5th lefty, to reach this milestone. Only two other active pitchers have more, Greg Maddux with 340, and Roger Clemens with 351.

And now I can finally move on! I like the Mets so I'll keep on watching, I like The Yanks and ARod so that's all good. And I'm a Bonds fan, so I'll be keeping count. Wait...so I'm not really moving on, huh? Hmmm...

No comments: