About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Agent Zero - NBA & Blog SUPERSTAR!

The NBA has done several things of the past few years to make their website more than just a place to look up players and stats. They have everything from the Best Dressed competition to player blogs. I love the Best Dressed. During the season I like to vote. These guys are smoooooth. And now I love the blog idea! Did you know?! Washington Wizards PG Gilbert Arenas has a blog! It's called "Agent Zero: The Blog File" and it's on the NBA's blog site. I thought it was a great idea, athletes blogging about whatever, however. I've heard about Gilbert Arenas' blog for quite some time now, but I never read it. I was alI was listening to some late night sports radio sometime last week and the overnight guy was talking about one of his blog entries. It was about shark attacks, and how they really not shark attacks. It was one the funniest takes on shark attacks that I've ever heard in my life. I wanted more. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and see what his blog was really all about. I sat my ass down, and I read it. People, I must say, I LOVE IT!!

He's been blogging since October of '06 so it takes a while to get caught up from then til now, but I read the whole thing, and wow! I want to be his friend!! He sounds so fun, cool. Not only that, this isn't some PC, prerecorded robotic blog. This is REAL. You learn a lot about the man we see, on occasion, drop 50 in a game. In 2006, he was having a phenomenal season until he injured his knee. We can all go on any sports website and look up stats, but with this blog, the superstar becomes almost tangible. That's something that is hard to feel from players these days because all we, the fans, usually get are sound bites and snippets from post game interviews. A lot of the time, we end up looking at these players as just that, players. We forget that they have lives; families, friends, and experiences. Arenas' blog gives you insight into his life. Everything from rehabbing his knee, interesting stories from being on the road, his 2 children, sharks, his relationship with his father, charity events, and all kinds of weird, quirky things that go on in his life. It's entertaining. Arenas has been in Washington since the '03 season, and if his knee is healthy by the start of this season, the Wizards will again be contenders in the East. I've been an Arenas fan for some time now, and I was so happy when he was traded to the Wizards. I am now a regular Agent Zero blog reader. You should be too.

There are other guys that blog on the NBA website. I haven't read the others yet, but it's on my list of things to do! Raptors F Chris Bosh, Bulls G Ben Gordon, Clippers C Chris Kaman, and Mavs G/F Jerry Stackhouse. I would read all of those, but Chris Kaman? Meh..Wait, isn't he that guy that had his balls grabbed during a playoffs? Hmm, maybe I will read his blog..

No comments: