About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Monday, August 27, 2007

THE Best Weekend of the Summer!!

Starting today I'm back on my grind. This summer has been great, but for me it's pretty much over since I have to get back to work. But thank God for friends!! I've done more in the past 3 days than I have in the past 3 months! This was the best weekend I've had all summer, and the perfect way to send myself off into the real world. But trust me when I say, this weekend was a fairytale. All plans fell right into place and it was awesome!

Friday, 8.24 - The 2nd Annual Boost Mobile Elite 24 Hoops Classic at Rucker park in Harlem. Introducing us to the latest batch of talented ballers, and showin the youngins to how we do it at The Rucker! In a year or 2 all of these guys will be playing for top NCAA basketball teams, and rockin March Madness. HARD. BODY.

Saturday, 8.25 - Ball 4 Real block party and game at Madison Square Garden. They've branched off of AND 1, and these guys are still throwin it down. 1/2 Man, Main Event, Special FX, Spyda, AO, Pharmacist & Mr. 720! The flashiest, craziest, sexiest high-flying dunks and alley oops you'll ever see! Congratulations to Pat Da Rock on becoming the newest addition to the Ball 4 Real roster, and winning $100,000. #27 baby, gotta love it!

Sunday, 8.26 - The 10th Annual Black August concert @ The Nokia Theatre in Times Square. Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Dead Prez, DJ Evil Dee & DJ D-Nice, M1 Hosting. Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, Hands Off Assata Shakur. Raising social consciousness and awareness to the struggles we still face in this world. The next phase of the revolution. And the after party at Arena?! Bananas!

I would like to thank everyone who came together and helped make this amazing weekend possible. Shout out to my girl Skrilla!! Always in the mix! Jay-Vo, girl you held me DOWN! Ride or die homie! Big Cease stay openin doors!! Al, even though you did me dirty in the end you got me right.

No comments: