About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

He's a Wrestler, He's A-He's A Wrestler Homie!

LOL, Adam "PacMan" Jones!! I swear, if it's not one thing it's another! If he's not making it rain on some strippers, he's inciting gun fights. If he's not in a courthouse, he's in the ring! A wrestling ring that is! Pacman made his debut with TNA, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, on Thursday night. He came out Thurs night, mainly to announce his appearance on TNA's pay-per-view event, "Hard Justice."

When the Tennessee Titans heard about his latest stunt they went buck wild! They went to court on Friday, 8/10, and filed an restraining order preventing him from being involved in any activity that could "pose risk of significant injury." No one knows for sure the extent of his participation, but the Titans weren't having any part of it. Pacman can't "touch or be touched, use or be hit by any object or anything else that could injure him." He's been suspended this entire 2007 season, and in his efforts to fill his schedule, he has taken up wrestling. I actually like this idea. Jones will lose almost $1.3 million sitting out this season, so let him live and find some other arena that'll at least let him recoup some of that money. I've heard a lot of negative feedback about him taking this step, but what's the big deal with him wrestling? I understand the physical aspect, and if I were in the Titans front office, I would bar him from physical contact as well. I watched wrestling growing up and I'll admit something to you many don't know. I still watch. DON'T JUDGE ME!! You don't have to get in the ring and wrestle to be a part of a show. He can create drama, incite fights, and just show his face.

I just feel like people will have negative feelings about most of the things he does. People were mad when he spent his free time in strip clubs, people are mad when he wants to wrestle. Sure there are more productive things he can do with his time; that community service that was part of his suspension, finally get his degree from the University of West Virginia, preach to the youth about the pitfalls of violence, Habitat for Humanity. Hell, even soap operas! Instead the man decided to do something he likes, something that not only interests him, but something that pays. Yall know he got all those friends from the hood he has to take care of; buy them expensive cars with humongous rims, bail them out of jail, and pay for those DNA tests from all those chicken heads tryna trap a nuh with babies. Let the man live. Let him live.

Hard Justice comes on tonight, and I'm not spending a dime on TNA wrestling. I'll catch his ass on YouTube.

No comments: