About Me

My photo
HARLEM, New York, United States
My name is Chi-Chi and I'm a girl from Harlem that LOVES sports. I host and produce my own radio show called "Sports @ The Half" every Monday from 5:00-6:00 pm ET on WHCR 90.3 FM. If you're not in the NY area, listen online at www.whcr.org. For real-time sports updates follow me --> Twitter.com/ChiChi27.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Beating A Dead....

I've tried to kinda stay away from the Michael Vick issue. I could care less what people think, I don't give a DAYUM if Mike Vick fights dogs. Period. Point fuckin blank. Damn a damn dog!! People have done, are now doing, and will continue to do worse things. We live in a society where people treat their dogs better than other human beings. We step over the homeless, but run to the aid of abandoned pups. People are out there killing!! HUMANS!! Babies are dying, children are being molested, women are being raped, people are being tortured, we are at WAR!! With the reaction Vick has gotten you would have thought he's done all of the above!

I can understand people who are against dog fighting. Hell, I don't like it either. What I can't stomach, are people who believe that if you don't agree with them on this issue you are an immoral person. Fighting dogs sounds horrible, but let me be honest. I know people who fight dogs. Yes, I said it. Are they good people? Sure! Do they do some questionable things? Sure. Do I really give a rats fuckin ass? Hell to the nah! Hey man, listen, I got bigger fish to fry than to worry about pit bulls, which are arguably some of the most vicious dogs around! Another truth about me, when I was around 7-8 years old, I was attacked by a pit bull. Ok, more like it bit me once then kept it moving, but it was an attack none the less. This (white) woman was walking her 2 pits, 1 huge one and one puppy. I saw them coming and I decided I didn't want to end up a statistic so I decided to hide behind a huge tree and wait for them to pass. Well clearly the big ass pit wasn't having any of that and took my hiding behind the tree as an insult, or a challenge. The pit came around the tree, found me hiding, and bit me. The thing just bit me! Of course I started to cry, the woman asked me if I was ok, I said yes, and she uhhh, kept it moving. She clearly didn't want any problems so she left a child crying behind a tree rather than get me some help. I ended up in the emergency room to get checked out. I had to get rabies shots, the first one being in my ass, by a fine ass male doctor. I was little hesitant at first, but I showed him the goods. Hmmm, I wonder how he's doing...Anyway, this incident with a malicious pit didn't turn me off of dogs at all. Things happen, it is what it is. I love dogs, I think they're great. Some more evil than others, but great.

I read that long ass indictment and call me heartless, but I wasn't moved. The issue seems to be the manner in which the dogs died; electrocution, drowning, hanging. Sounds painful! Stephon Marbury came out a couple of days ago, as a Vick supporter, and likened dog fighting to hunting and people were all up in arms! 'Oh, how could he? There are no similarities whatsoever! Tell Stephon to stay in his lane, stick to basketball!' But let's put all the cards on the table, people hunt animals and leave their dead carcasses strewn about in their homes as prizes. What is the purpose of hunting deer? Yes, yes, I've heard that dumb ass story about thinning out the herd and overpopulation. Say what you want to try and justify it, but the truth is people take pleasure in killing deer! And bears and rabbits and elk and whatever the hell else they feel like killing and plastering their petrified heads above their fireplaces. I've heard the argument that hunting is legal and dog fighting isn't. Ok, way to state the obvious genius! The less obvious answer is people don't keep the animals they hunt as pets. If most people had deer as pets and dogs were out in the wild being hunted, people would have dog-skin rugs! And if they found out that Mike Vick was breeding deer to have them fight each other to the death, they would be just as outraged! As a society we make exceptions for the things we want to do, and deem everything else illegal.

Like you already know, I love 1050 ESPN Radio. Most of the hosts are on the "I love dogs with all my heart how dare you do anything to them but love them" side, and I'm fuckin sick of it. The past few weeks it's been getting harder and harder to listen to the station. No one says anything original, it's all about the humanity. Anyone who calls in to disagree with the anti-Vick stance gets berated and hung up on. So when the Vick topic does come up, as hard as it is for me, I just change the station. That is except for when the Max Kellerman Show is on weekdays from 10am - 12pm. He's the only guy who dares to take an alternative stance. He brings up the meat industry and the manner in which pigs, cows and chickens are bred, and subsequently slaughtered for our enjoyment. He brings up the hypocrisy of people who simultaneously proclaim themselves animal lovers and avid hunters. He brings up the fact that pigs, as filthy as we blast them to be, are smarter than dogs. Look it up people! Haven't you ever read Animal Farm!! This ain't no joke!

I say all that to say, GET OFF MIKE VICKS JOCK!! The man already pled guilty, and it's still not enough for all you dog lovin, animal rights havin, PETA supportin, I still hunt animals but the way I kill them is more humane ass phonies!! Damn, you guys are beating a dead dog! I mean uhh, horse.

No comments: